The latest up-to-date Help is available on the
SupportLine Web site. Alternatively, you can display the Help locally from the Help menu in the IDE, or from the Start menu.
COBOL Help within the IDE
Tips on getting Help on COBOL when using the IDE:
- COBOL syntax, library routines and Compiler directives. In the COBOL editor, put the cursor anywhere within the reserved
word, routine or directive, and then press
- Error messages. In the output pane, put the cursor on the error message number and press
- Tooltips. Hover over an item in the COBOL code or over a field or control, by leaving the mouse pointer on it for a moment.
A brief description of it may be displayed, either beside it or at the bottom of the window.
Note: Context help in the IDE that is provided as context help files, .HLP, might not work on versions of Windows such as Vista
or later. This is because .HLP files require the Windows Help Program (WinHlp32.exe) which is not available in these versions of Windows. You need to install the Windows Help Program separately -
click here to download the program.
The Release Notes accompany major releases and updates. They are available from the Product Updates section on the Micro Focus
SupportLine Web site and your EPD email.
The Release Notes include information about new features for the release, system requirements and installation instructions,
known technical issues, information about the issues that are resolved in the current release, and any changes in behavior
that could potentially affect existing applications.
This documentation includes two types of readmes:
- Patch Update readmes contain information about issues that are resolved in a Patch Update, changes in behavior that could
potentially affect existing applications, and any specific Patch Update installation procedures.
- Samples' readmes contain information about how to install and execute a sample.
Unless otherwise stated, references to a "readme" will refer to a Patch Update readme.