Visual COBOL ships with Eclipse
Visual COBOL, you can then also install it in other instances of Eclipse available on the same machine. The supported version of Eclipse
4.7, and 4.8 for both 32-bit and 64-bit Eclipse.
Note: You must use the Eclipse IDE for Java EE Developers package. This includes all the tools that
Visual COBOL requires.
To assist you with automatically installing the
Micro Focus plug-ins into other instances of Eclipse,
Visual COBOL provides an installation utility,
installeclipseplugins.bat available in the
%ProgramFiles(x86)%\Micro Focus\Visual COBOL\installer folder.
Visual COBOL into another instance of Eclipse:
Visual COBOL command prompt.
- At the command prompt, navigate to the location of the install utility:
%ProgramFiles(x86)%\Micro Focus\Visual COBOL\installer.
- Run the install utility from the command prompt using the following syntax:
installeclipseplugins -eclipse <EclipsePath> -version <version> [-cobdir <CobdirPath>] [-nosplash] [-installsubclipse]
- Full path to the installation directory of the instance of Eclipse you are installing into.
- Version number of the instance of Eclipse that you are installing into. The valid version numbers are
4.7, and 4.8
for both 32-bit and 64-bit Eclipse.
- Optional - the full path to the installation directory of
Visual COBOL. If this is not specified, the COBDIR environment variable is used.
- Optional - if set, the installation does not replace the existing splash screen. A non-default Eclipse splash screen is not
replaced, regardless of this setting.
- Optional - if set, Subclipse is installed to the specified Eclipse location.
Note: To install into a 32-bit version of Eclipse, ensure that your PATH is set to a 32-bit version of Java. When installing into
a 64-bit version of Eclipse, ensure that your PATH is set to a 64-bit version of Java. The default COBDIR location on Windows
C:\Program Files (x86)\Micro Focus\Enterprise Developer. Alternatively, you can specify COBDIR from the command line.
Running the utility installs the
Visual COBOL plug-ins into the specified version of Eclipse.
For example, to install
into an instance of Eclipse 4.7 available in the
folder, run the install utility with the following parameters:
installeclipseplugins -eclipse c:\eclipse -version 4.7 -nosplash