In order to determine the cause of a problem, as much information as possible needs to be gathered.
Try to answer as many of the following questions as possible:
- Which version of the Application Workflow Manager software is installed on your system?
- What error message, if any, is displayed? What additional information is displayed when you click Details>>.
- Are there any entries in the error log relating to this error situation?
- What did you do, how did you expect the system to react, and how did the system really react?
- Is the problem reproducible?
- Does the problem only occur under certain conditions (e.g. only with certain input data or on certain types of element)? If
so, what are they?
- Does the problem only occur in your environment or is it a general problem for all users?
- Does the problem persist after restarting your Eclipse workbench?
If the problem is to be reported to
Customer Care, you need to collect a number of things:
- Detailed problem description
- Screenshots of error messages
- Screenshots of unexpected behavior