Micro Focus iPrint for Open Enterprise Server (OES) now offers advanced Desktop and Mobile features for the enterprise. Open Enterprise Server 2015 SP1 users can now print to their current printers from their mobile devices (paid-for feature) and Chromebooks in addition to their desktop environment without having to install the Micro Focus iPrint appliance. Micro Focus iPrint for OES brings in several new features from the Micro Focus iPrint Appliance and supports clustering as well. It scales to fit organizations of any size and provides a single solution to manage all printing needs across multiple locations.
Highlights of this release are:
- WalkUp Printing: Save costs, while creating convenience to release jobs on any printer.
- Mobile-Ready: Micro Focus iPrint for OES is ready to process jobs from mobile devices. No need to install new software when you’re going to enable mobile printing. Note: Use of mobile printing still requires purchase of mobile licenses.
- Chromebook Support: Micro Focus iPrint clients on Chromebook is supported with Micro Focus iPrint for OES.
- Email Print: Mail to print with a Global mail ID or private mail ID for printers.
- Cluster-aware: All features from Micro Focus iPrint for OES are cluster aware and will work with your Micro Focus iPrint resources on cluster.
Note: Micro Focus iPrint for OES is available for Open Enterprise Server 2015 SP1 only. Micro Focus iPrint for Open Enterprise Server 2015 SP1 can be downloaded by existing customers under maintenance through the customer center.