With a complete range of integrated Linux configuration management capabilities, ZENworks® Configuration Management makes it easy to manage your Windows and Linux devices and servers through the same unified web-based ZENworks console. This includes:
- Discovery of Linux devices using Secure Shell (SSH).
- Deployment of the ZENworks Configuration Management Adaptive Agent to Linux devices using SSH, YaST, YUM, or a single file download.
- Endpoint security reporting service that improves your ability to run and create reports that provide deeper insights into endpoint security policy enforcement.
- Full inventory capabilities for Linux devices, including a full hardware and package inventory, device change tracking, and the ability to map purchases to installed packages.
Linux operating system deployment with full support for the delivery of SUSE® Linux Enterprise and Red Hat Enterprise Linux through either AutoYaST or KickStart. Additional Linux deployment features include:
- Continued support for Dell PowerEdge server bare metal provisioning via Dell Toolkit integration.
- Full support for ZENworks system variables within AutoYaST and Kickstart scripts.
- Improved Linux imaging capabilities for imaging EXT3 and ReiserFS partitions, even within LVM.
Package and repository management that allows you to centrally configure, bundle, and control Linux application repositories, packages, and bundles. With these robust capabilities, you can:
- Graphically configure and schedule subscriptions to external package repositories, including YUM, Red Hat Network (RHN), and ZENworks Linux Management.
- Deploy packages and files while also performing required configuration tasks using flexible Linux bundles.
- Centrally configure external repositories using external service policies.
- Export bundles and bundle groups to YUM format for easy consumption by unmanaged Linux devices on your network.
- Work with ZENworks Application Windows for Linux, which brings the full power of the Application Launcher to the Linux desktop.
- Remote management capabilities that make integrated VNC and SSH clients available from within the centralized ZENworks Control Center.
- Puppet policies that allow you to leverage the configuration management capabilities of the puppet project to configure your devices.