- Desktop Containers at a Glance: Package and deploy Windows applications as accessible, containerized apps.
- Simple: Makes it simple to build and deploy agentless containerized applications.
- Accessible: Allows containerized applications to run locally from a USB device, or streamed or downloaded from a web portal.
- Manageable: Provides the ability to assign access, track containerized app use, and deploy apps anywhere employees have a web connection.
- Secure: Limit containerized application network access to only trusted sites, preventing public sites from exploiting vulnerabilities in legacy apps you containerize.
Desktop Containers Documentation
For more information about system requirements please see our documentation.
- Container-based packaging simplifies packaging process for many applications
- CLI and scripting capabilities to provide automation
- Enhanced support for containerizing server applications
- ZENworks Reporting entitlement allows use of Cool Solutions domain for reporting
Turbo for Micro Focus Desktop Containers
- Turbo.net hub subscription with hundreds of apps and thousands of versions
- IP blocking locks down network access for containerized applications
- Per application proxy and DNS virtualization
- Browser redirector for improved user experience
To reduce the cost and effort of building the containers yourself, you can take advantage of Turbo for Desktop Containers. This add-on features the Turbo.net hub subscription service with thousands of prebuilt containerized apps from Adobe, Google, Firefox, and other popular software vendors. Additionally, Turbo contains some highly requested features that improve app security and enable the use of legacy web apps.
Keeping your workforce productive—and your service desk above water—are some of the biggest challenges in any major OS migration. Desktop Containers makes your life easier by ensuring your workforce has complete access to their Windows applications before, during, and after a migration.
Desktop Containers speeds your application deployments by dramatically reducing testing time and eliminating application installations.
Underwriters Safety and Claims used ZENworks to upgrade to Windows 7 in less than a month, including setting up and testing 30+ applications on each desktop.Read full story ›
The Municipality of Voorschoten wanted to provide more flexible work arrangements for Municipality employees using IT applications. The Municipality decided to implement Application Virtualization, significantly reducing the administrative workload of Municipality IT staff while also improving employee mobility and application security.Read full story ›
Indiana University-Purdue University Fort Wayne uses our products to help provide users with access to large and complex applications. Using Application Virtualization, they were able to speed users' access to applications, eliminate application conflicts, and reduce support costs.Read full story ›