The Distributed Exporter is a utility that creates and provides necessary information to the Extension Technology so that
actual masking of your distributed data store can occur. This utility generates the following files that are used for masking
after you have successfully exported from the Data Masking module:
- method.rc – Coded content of source and target databases information.
- elab.txt – List of data stores and the enabled columns within those data stores that need to be masked.
- CREATETABLE.sql – list of the tables that need to be masked; a generic CREATE TABLE statement is provided for each table.
- CREATEINDEX.sql – list of all the indexes for the tables that need to be masked; a generic CREATE INDEX statement is provided for each index.
- ALTERTABLE_RI.sql – list of all the primary and foreign keys for the tables that need to be masked; a generic ALTER TABLE statement is provided
for appropriate primary and foreign keys.
- There are two areas of interest when it comes to using the Distributed Exporter with distributed data stores.
- If you use ODBC-enabled data stores, you can mask across all your data stores with one invocation of the ODBC Extension. This
feature is not available with the Oracle Extension.
- You also have the ability to mask within one distributed data store, as long as a distinct target schema name is provided.
To access the Distributed Exporter, click
from the main window of the Data Masking module.