To start ESMAC:
- Access the Enterprise Server Administration screen for your installation.
- In the table of
enterprise server instances, check that the server you want has started, and if not, start it.
- In the
Status column of the
enterprise server instance to monitor, click
The Details screen for the server is displayed.
- On the Details screen, select the
ES Monitor & Control.
tab, then click
The Enterprise Server Monitoring and Control (ESMAC) screen is displayed.
To view a dump:
Dump in the
B to select the dump dataset, or
C to select the X dataset.
A list of dumps is displayed.
- For the dump you want to display, in the field below the heading
Level, choose a level of trace information to be included in the trace tables in the dump. The larger the number, the more detail
will be shown. The options are:
- Service start, module start, module end, service end.
This is the default value.
- Enterprise server API entries and exits.
- Subsystem trace entries.
- All entries where it is possible to provide some formatting of the data.
- All trace entries.
Each level includes all lower-level information. Local trace tables (traces for SEPs) only have levels 0 and 1.
- For the dump you want to display, click
Details to see a detailed dump or
Sum to see a summary dump.
The dump is formatted and displayed. To return to ESMAC, click the
Back button in your browser.
Note: The X dataset contains dumps triggered by the external command
casdump /d. You use
casdump /d when a dump cannot be obtained normally; for example, when the enterprise server is not responding and shared memory is locked.
The dataset has the filename