Walks you through the process of defining a SOAP Web service using the Interface Mapping Toolkit (IMTK), deploying it to an
enterprise server instance, and generating and running a client to access it.
Restriction: This topic applies only when the Enterprise Server feature is enabled.
Before You Begin
Before beginning this tutorial, be sure that you have completed all tasks outlined in the
Prerequisites section of the
Tutorials: Interface Mapping Toolkit topic.
In this tutorial, you work through the following tasks:
- Review the code in the COBOL demonstration application to become familiar with how it works
- Create, configure, and populate
a Visual Studio solution and
- Using the Interface Mapping Toolkit (IMTK), define a SOAP Web Service to access the COBOL application
- Create and configure an enterprise server instance on which to run the SOAP Web service.
- Deploy the Web service to the enterprise server
- Generate both a COBOL and a WPF client to access the Web service
- Run the WPF client to debug the Web service
Complete this tutorial by following the instructions in the following topics in the order listed here. The bottom of each
Previous topic and
Next topic navigational links to help you proceed through the tutorial in its proper sequence: