Micro Focus Introduces New Data Analytics Capability to Drive Full-Stack AIOps
A Single Data Lake Platform Built on Provides Common Collection, Storage and Analysis of Key Operational Data to Isolate Root Cause Faster and Reduce MTTR
Santa Clara, Calif. – October 7, 2020 - (LSE: MCRO; NYSE: MFGP) today announced the release of its ITOM “Collect Once Store Once” Data Lake (COSO), utilizing an open access data platform built on Vertica to drive full-stack AIOps across the broad set of Micro Focus monitoring and automation solutions. COSO is now an integrated part of Micro Focus , and . This industry-first approach to providing a full spectrum of reporting and insights across multi-domain monitoring, management and patch compliance is only available from Micro Focus.
“The diversity of data available to IT operations today makes it challenging to solve complex issues across multi-cloud and on-premises IT services,” said Tom Goguen, Micro Focus Chief Product Officer. “COSO now offers a unique collection and storage capability built on Vertica’s powerful, high-speed data analytics platform. Combine COSO with our world-class discovery, monitoring, process automation and patch management tools, and you can have full-stack AIOps today to identify root cause and restore service faster than ever before.”
Key capabilities of the Micro Focus ITOM COSO Data Lake include:
- Automatic Event Correlation (AEC): A new capability in Operations Bridge, AEC uses machine learning-based automated event correlation captured in COSO to detect patterns in high-volume event data and isolate root cause without the creation of manual rules or needing additional configuration.
- Cross-Domain Reporting and Analytics: Reduces mean time to repair (MTTR) by providing a single source of reporting truth that helps teams identify root cause faster, while supporting capacity planning across networks, multi-cloud and on-premises infrastructure and apps.
- Open Access Data Platform: Supports reporting and analytics on the customer’s choice of business intelligence (BI) platforms, with direct access to Vertica’s data analytics functions.
With the new ITOM COSO Data Lake, users that have multiple Micro Focus ITOM products including Operations Bridge, Network Operations Management, and Data Center Automation will be able to quickly access data for both dashboards and historical reporting from the same data store. Instead of relying on queries from multiple databases, this data will already be time-sequenced and normalized to facilitate effective cross-domain reporting and to deliver new insights across the IT estate. Whether using the provided reporting or their own BI tools, the open architecture of COSO will facilitate flexibility in reporting to meet the needs of the organization.
As digital transformation continues to drive strategic business change, the Micro Focus ITOM COSO Data Lake is one of the ways Micro Focus helps customers run and transform their business while lowering the total cost of ownership for IT.
- introducing COSO.
- to learn more about the new ITOM COSO Data Lake with Micro Focus Operations Bridge (OpsBridge), Network Operations Management (NOM) and Data Center Automation (DCA).
- from Enterprise Management Associates that showcases Micro Focus’ capabilities and how they align to the key criteria for enterprise-level AIOps solutions.
About Micro Focus
Micro Focus delivers enterprise software to empower our 40,000 customers worldwide to digitally transform. With a broad portfolio, underpinned by a robust analytics ecosystem, the company enables customers to address the four core pillars of digital transformation: , , and . By design, these tools bridge the gap between existing and emerging technologies so customers can run and transform at the same time.
Vertica is the unified analytics data warehouse, based on a massively scalable architecture with the broadest set of analytical functions spanning event and time series, pattern matching, geospatial and end-to-end in-database machine learning. Vertica enables many customers – from Philips to The Trade Desk to Uber to many others -- to easily apply these powerful functions to the largest and most demanding analytical workloads, arming businesses and its customers with predictive business insights faster than any analytics data warehouse in the market. Vertica provides a unified analytics platform across major public clouds and on-premises data centers and integrates data in cloud object storage.