Data-centric audit and protection, or DCAP, is an approach to information protection that combines extensive data security and audit functionality with simplified discovery, classification, granular policy controls, user and role based access, and real-time data and user activity monitoring to help automate data security and regulatory compliance.
Why data-centric audit and protection (DCAP)?
Enterprises and governments are threatened by potential data breaches and thefts on a daily basis, and if completed, these attacks can damage large organizations and their customers. Data privacy regulations increasingly stress the rights of individual consumers, with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) raising the bar for how organizations treat sensitive personal data worldwide. Business leaders and CISOs are now charged with reducing data exposure through effective solutions that:
- Classify and discover sensitive data across systems and platforms
- Set, monitor, and control user access to data on granular levels
- Leverage user behavior analytics and related techniques to monitor users and behaviors
- Create reports of security events, user access, and compliance audit requirements
- Deliver multiple data protection solutions that enable organizations to build a hybrid data de-identification, pseudonymization, and encryption strategy
- Prevent specific data access by user and policy
- Provide a single management console that enables application and management of data security policies end-to-end across multiple data environments