Design Tool Connection Settings
Entity Window Options
The Entity window contains all of the settings used to define the host screens that make up the model. The Entity box contains all of the currently defined entity names with visual indicators to indicate whether each entity listed is "reachable" from the current location via dynamic traversal or navigation.
When you are in offline mode, all screens are considered reachable and display a green icon since the screen shots are loaded from a .snapshot file which has also recorded the navigation of the model. Next to the Entity box, there are three buttons that allow a user to add a new entity, delete the current one, or view the Advanced Entity Properties dialog box.
There are five tabs available from the Entity panel:
- Pattern tab - contains all of the settings used to define patterns on a selected entity.
- Attribute tab — contains all of the settings used to define attributes on a selected entity.
- Operation tab - use this tab to edit or define operations on a selected entity.
- Recordset tab - contains all of the settings used to define recordsets on a selected entity.
- Cursor tab - contains cursor movement settings to be used with character-mode hosts. (If you are not working with a character-mode host, Cursor tab controls are unavailable.)
See Entity Settings for detailed information.
Terminal Window Menus
The Terminal window contains all of the menu items that can be used to configure host screens that make up the model.
The following menus are available on the Terminal window:
See Terminal Settings for detailed information.